Wednesday 20 May 2009

Hot and Sour Soup?

Wandering 'somewhere' to find a space to eat my late lunch I came across a cafeteria I'd not seen before. I think this is probably the one people keep buying pizza from because it's not terribly far from Wean Hall and you don't have to leave the building to get there. As I had forgotten my crisps (leaving me with two sandwiches and a carrot), I thought I'd see if they had something small to improve my lunch. As well as pizza, the place had a chinese stand offering both 'large' and 'small' bites. With small bites at $1.25, it seemed like a pretty cheap way to top up my lunch. Having spotted hot and sour soup on the list I quickly made my purchase and went away with a generously size tub of what looked like pond water.


So what was it? It wasn't what I'd call hot, but probably fitted sour about as much as anyone could want it to. It did have lots of yummy Chinese mushrooms and some tofu and some water chestnuts. It wasn't as 'gloopy' as the hot and sour soups I've had before and the top seemed quite oily. If I'd had to guess I'd have said it was Chinese mushroom soup. Would I have it again? No, probably not. I'd eat it if I was given it, but next time I think I'd try something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...