Monday 4 July 2011

In Celebration of Green


I love greens. This is the first of my July Sockdown socks (project online at Ravelry.). The pattern is Wendy Johnson's Ribbed Ribbon Socks from Socks from the Toe Up. I've had this book for a while now and not knit anything from it so was glad to have an extra kick of motivation. I normally don't go for lace on socks but I liked the way this one looked and figured it was worth a go. As it is, I think it's a great yarn/pattern combo. The pattern is fairly straightforward and is charted (24 rows of 10 stitches) and only takes up two sides of paper which makes a nice change from some of the trees I've been knitting from recently (long patterns have their place but it's nice to have something so straightforward).

The yarn is CraftsMeow Soft Serve in flavour (colourway) Granny Smith. I absolutely love the way the colour is working out, it's fabulous.

The project bag is also new and comes from The Laal Bear - I bought it at this year's Woolfest (my first, probably not my last :)). I like the fact that as well as having drawstrings this bag has a little handle (not pictured) which for me seems to mean that I can knit and walk much more easily with the yarn rather less likely to twist up around the drawstrings.

There were other Woolfest purchases, they may come out and talk to you another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...