Wednesday 1 September 2010

WIP Wednesday: Colonnade

This week's work in progress is the lovely Colonnade Shawl. This was a pattern I stumbled upon whilst scouring Ravelry for reasons to buy some really quite squishy Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky.

Having gotten well into Chart B on my Haruni, I figured another new project would be needed for this years Transformers holiday (am I ever home at the moment?) and so I took yarn and needles for two projects - or at least I thought I did. On discovery that I in fact had every interchangeable end except the ones required to start an aligator bag, my choice was made, and I cast on for my Colonnade.




The yarn I'm using is the aforementioned Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky, in a dark green solid and a complementary paint version with greens and purples. Now I've put in a stitch marker before the final two wrong-side stitches this is going quite well (guess who kept cocking up the garter edge).

Time to get a knitting groove on and finish this off (and everything else on the 'nearly finished' pile...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what beautiful yarn! It was perfect for the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super yarn colours!

    My WIP this week is a Stephen West too! Just cast on this afternoon and going well. (I'm doing his Herbivore.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...