Thursday 16 September 2010

Ravelry Blog Swap: Bonus

As promised, here's the bonus item from the Ravelry blog swap (seven parcels opened over seven days, my parcels gifted by Fiolinn in Norway). Remember back at the start when I mentioned that there was 'a roll of paper that looks suspiciously like it may contain some sort of knitting pattern'..? Well, here it is:


And inside was the pattern for Lori Law's Sleepy Hollow Socks, which I first discovered whilst reading the Yarn Harlot's post about her finished pair. What I really like about these socks is that although they look fantastic in a solid, the pattern still seems to show up in a more variegated yarn.

Now, I've only just started a pair of socks, so I shall be good and hold back for now, but perhaps I need a good rummage through the sock yarn boxes to see which yarn is calling out to be a pair of Sleepy Hollow Socks :)

---

Thanks to Fiolinn for a set of lovely surprises which have brightened up the last eight days (and will undoubtedly brighten up some more as I get to use them in a variety of creative endeavors. Thanks also to Eskimimi for organising the swap and to my exciting swap partner for being so fun to buy for - I'm planning to mail your box this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, Sleepy Hollow socks are great! I knit a pair of those here: http://eskimimiknits.com/2010/05/fo-sleepy-hollow-socks/ they have a really interesting sole construction that is shape to the contours of the foot - very clever, and very comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the goodies were to your liking :)Happy knitting! Best, Linn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...