It was originally going to be a knit and crochet wristwarmer but I couldn't convince myself that this fingerless mitt wasn't better and I did want to try cables in a small project sometime soon (although I also want to try another crochet project).
I did make some adjustments to the pattern:
- Cast on two fewer stitches than called for in the hope of a snugger fit.
- Added 4 extra rib rows to the cuff.
- Added 2 extra rib rows to the fingers.
- Added 1 extra knit row to the thumb (not shown in the photo).
- Added 2 extra rib rows to the thumb (not shown in the photo).