Thursday 3 March 2011

FO: Helix II

One oversized snail taking on some University grass:


Glad it's finished, not a pattern I love. I do, however rather like the orange yarn. It's Patons Linen Touch which I've used for a couple of projects now (Helix, Infolab Baby Sweater and a hat).

Pattern: Garden Snail by Hansi Singh.

Yarn: A selection of blue mystery yarns from ebay and Patons Linen Touch in Mandarin from Lancaster Indoor Market.

Mods: Dropped the needle size a bit to reflect the DK weight yarn being used (pattern calls for worsted weight). Used even smaller needles for the body as previous knitters had noted a size discrepancy between the shell and body. Ignored the whiskers because I think they're odd looking. Some pattern interpretation required.

Project: Online at Ravelry.

1 comment:

  1. SNAP! Goodness me that looks just like a lovely snail that came to live with me last year ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...