Wednesday 30 March 2011

Day 3: Tidy mind, tidy stitches

Inspired by...


Day 3: How do you keep your yarn wrangling organised? It seems like an easy to answer question at first, but in fact organisation exists on many levels. Maybe you are truly not organised at all, in which case I am personally daring you to try and photograph your stash in whatever locations you can find the individual skeins. However, if you are organised, blog about an aspect of that organisation process, whether that be a particularly neat and tidy knitting bag, a decorative display of your crochet hooks, your organised stash or your project and stash pages on Ravelry.
TO DO:

1) Organise physical yarn stash (in buckets, by gauge).
I (not very) secretly really enjoy this, but it's sort of reached its limit until we work out where the frame for the remaining buckets will go.

2) Enter yarn on Ravelry so I can appreciate quite how unnecessary buying new yarn would be.
This is a passionless process so I've mostly just accepted that it won't happen.
3) Control the works in progress, take stock and rip/finish as required.
This moves in spurts, right now it feels like it's going well. I've ripped and reknit the back of a tank I started last year. Can you see my halo?


With thanks to Eskimimi for hosting :)
View other posts for day 3 here.
Todays tag: 2KCBWDAY3

2 comments:

  1. I love the progress bars, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures definitely add to the descriptions :)

    You're so right about entering a backlog of stash into Ravelry being a passionless thing. Guh. I don't like it at all.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...