Monday 16 July 2007

Love is...

... hard to explain.

Except, when you try to explain what love isn't. Today at the chuch day we sang the Godfrey Birtill song "When I Look at the Blood". Now, whilst this is a Christian song, there's still a chunk of it that stands more than well enough without any sort of faith at all (or at least I think it should).

So what can't be seen in an example of Love?
I can't see competition
I can't see hierachy
I can't see pride or prejudice or the abuse of authority
I can't see lust for power
I can't see manipulation
I can't see rage or anger or selfish ambition...
I can't see unforgiveness
I can't see hate or envy
I can't see stupid fighting or bitterness,or jealousy.
I can't see empire building
I can't see self importance
I can't see back stabbing or vanity or arrogance.
(Godfrey Birtill 2004 © Whitefield Music UK Admin Copycare)

Maybe it's just me, but this seems to be a very beautiful idea and one I wish I thought I was vaguely close to. Something to aim for I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...