Tuesday 17 July 2007

Harry Potter Week

Only five more days until the new (and final) Harry Potter book is released. I won't be queueing up to buy it at Midnight but I did pre-order my copy today so I can read it before someone reveals the plot. It's a slight frustration because I don't really want a hardback copy but I also don't want to find out the ending before being able to read it.

In the meantime, this week's little project is to reread all the previous Harry Potter books so I'm ready for the new one. I picked up the 4 books I was missing today at lunch and started the first on the way home. I'd forgotten quite how good they are. Perhaps they got less good later on, but I really don't remember the first book being quite as good as this. (It's also a bit more of a kids' book than I remembered.)

I've just finished the first one so will pick up the second one from my desk at work tomorrow to read on the way home from work. After that I'm stuck because my copies of the third and fifth books are currently in Liverpool. I shall ask my Dad to bring them down with him at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...