Tuesday 6 September 2011

FO: Augustine

This was a combination of two ideas:
  1. Use up one of those single skeins I bought without a plan.
  2. Knit a scarf/shawlette that I can wear easily on a regular basis.

The pattern works pretty well with this yarn (although I do like the ones I've seen in solid yarns) but I haven't blocked it (yet?) and it rolls/scrunches quite a lot which hides any of the 'point' around the neck.

I do, however, wear it. It's less noticeably soft than I imagined but it goes well with some of the pink tops I've acquired since spring.

Pattern: Augustine Shawlette by Valdis Vrang.
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Suri & Silk in colour 05.
Mods: Slight size mods (this is narrower than the pattern called for) and also the point much less defined (mostly because I didn't have yarn to get wider and I wanted the length).
Project: online on Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...