Monday 10 March 2008

Custom Java ME Gauge

Woo! I just made a cake that fades! I'm currently crafting a Tamagotchi-like Java ME application and was trying to find a nice way to display hunger levels etc. Gauages are a bit unpredictable in the amount of screen space they take up, so instead I've created a custom component that fades away depending on the level set. A quick Google for what I wanted lead me to this tutorial/example which was really useful (together with what I already knew from Jonathan Knudsen's book, Kicking Butt with MIDP and MSA). This page got me the last bit which was placing the image on the display (knowing what to throw at Graphics.drawImage). I've still not got my image in the correct place (when is TOP LEFT not top left?) but I do now know that it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...