Tuesday 27 April 2010

An Inspirational Pattern (knitcroblo2)

Here's the second of my knitcroblo blog posts. Mimi asks...

"Blog about a pattern or project which you aspire to. Whether it happens to be because the skills needed are ones which you have not yet acquired, or just because it seems like a huge undertaking of time and dedication, most people feel they still have something to aspire to in their craft. If you don’t feel like you have any left of the mountain of learning yet to climb, say so!"

Towards the end of last year I started thinking about techniques I'd like to learn/test in my knitting. A blog post was started but never published, but it essentially came down to: socks every which way, colourwork, felting, entrelac. Those things pretty much all still stand. I'm not sure I have one pattern I particularly aspire to, but here are some ideas:

  • A blanket/afghan, perhaps the Ten Stitch Twist (flickr/ravelry), the Hemlock Ring Blanket (flickr/ravelry) or The Great American Afghan (amazon/ravelry). This is one of those staying-power aspirations.
  • A felted bag, specifically the Calla Lily Bag (flickr/ravelry) from The Knitter's Book of Yarn.
  • Something crochet, perhaps the Penguin Bowling set (flickr/ravelry) or perhaps not - anything crochet would be a challenge really.
  • A garment or two - I'm hoping to start Melo (flickr/ravelry)one day soon, and eventually I'd love to knit a Sylvi (flickr/ravelry).
  • Some more socks: I'd like to try toe-up for my next pair I think.
  • Some more challenging lace.


Check out other bloggers posts tagged with knitcroblo2 via Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...